Friday, November 11, 2011

Need someone that's been through divorce and custody hearings.?

My husband and I are getting a divorce, he served me with the papers less than two weeks ago and also got temporary custody of my daughter because he told a judge that I would run off with her if I had her. I have a hearing tomorrow and he took all of our money and left me with nothing, I've done everything humanly possible to get a lawyer but I don't have one, I'm going to have to represent myself tomorrow. I would like to know what to expect tomorrow. My daughter has been held in filthy conditions and I have pictures to prove it, I have my mother, who has lived with us for most of my daughter's life, as a witness to him being neglectful towards my daughter and violent towards me, among other things. I have a recording of his bank's telephone information line thing that shows where he has been wiring away and withdrawing money for two months. And of course I want to speak and tell my side of things. I had the opportunity to have a consultation with a lawyer (who said he would let me make payments but then changed his mind when he found out he would have to drive an hour both ways to get to this hearing), and he said I had a very good case, but I need help presenting it. How are things normally done? Do they speak first and then I speak? Do we take turns arguing certain points? I have no idea, if you've been through that could you please tell me how things went? Even if you had a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment